My Windows Phone Dev account was up for renewal and I was very happy to see there’s a promotion for $19 USD on new accounts and renewals until 8/27. Check it out at https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us but here are the details from the site. $20 bucks you know you want to, I bet you’re surprised I do it.
Join The new Windows Phone Dev Center has everything you need to create great apps and add them to the Windows Phone Store for the world to see, try, and buy. You can start creating apps anytime. When you’re ready to offer them in the Store, you’ll need a subscription to the Dev Center where you can start the process of adding them to the Store catalog. Your subscription includes some useful tools and your own personal dashboard to track your apps and your earnings.
Dev Center registration price promotion
For a limited time, the annual subscription fee for a Windows Phone Dev Center account has been reduced to $19 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency). Taxes, VAT, and other fees are excluded from this offer. This offer is valid beginning 6/26/2013 12:00 AM PST and ending 8/27/2013 12:00 AM PST in countries where the Windows Phone Dev Center registration is available (see Regional info). See the official terms of this offer for more details.
What do I get?
Your subscription connects you to tools, information, tips, code samples, and a broad community of developers. You can:
- Get free development tools, including a phone emulator to test your app
- Explore code samples and all the information in our developer library
- Read tips about selling your app
- Review our policy guidelines and certification requirements
- See tips and guidelines for creating apps that reflect the beauty of our design concepts
- Create apps with trial options
- Enable in-app purchasing, so customers can buy things within your app
- Test your app with a real phone
- Submit free and paid apps to the Store
- Distribute your app around the world and set country/region-specific price tiers
- Watch your progress and manage your apps in a personalized dashboard
Ask questions, share advice, or talk with other Windows Phone developer
Thanks Kris Wagner